bauma Charity Alliance
A strong industry network to drive sustainable transformation
The construction industry has always been one of the most powerful engines of development.
The bauma Charity Alliance gives stage to charity projects of bauma exhibitors that improve the quality of life of needy people in or from war zones, threshold countries or developing nations in the area of education, environment, health, nutrition and social integration.
The goal is to draw attention to the social commitment of companies in the construction machinery industry.
Many exhibitors are already part of the bauma Charity Alliance and presented their projects during bauma 2016:
- Water for All – Atlas Copco MCT GmbH
- Cleft-Kinder-Hilfe Schweiz – AUMUND Fördertechnik GmbH
- charity: water – Caterpillar Inc
- LiuGong’s Natural Disaster Relief Program – Guangxi LiuGong Machinery Co., Ltd.
- MAN supports SOS Children's Villages in Ethiopia – MAN SE
- Pilosio Building Peace – Pilosio SpA
- Construction Climate Challenge – Volvo Construction Equipment
- Kinder in Not e.V. – Wirtgen GmbH
- Home from Home – Zeppelin Baumaschinen GmbH
- 100 Jahre – 100 Schulen – ZF Friedrichshafen AG
The bauma Charity Alliance was introduced at bauma 2016. In addition to the promotion on the official bauma website, the projects were also represented in several other formats during the exhibition. At the Charity Alliance booth for example, visitors could inform themselves about the projects. Also, high-ranked representatives of the participating companies highlighted the importance of social commitment of companies in the construction industry in a panel discussion and press talk. One of the highlights was the Pilosio Award presented by bauma Charity Alliance which was awarded to José Mujica, Former President of Uruguay.
The bauma Charity Alliance intends to promote dialogue between the members on the implementation of social projects and to attract additional interested parties to become actively involved in the bauma Charity Alliance. By exchanging ideas and sharing best practices, synergy effects are created in order to support the joint idea of the Charity Alliance.